The Software Engineer Intern will be responsible for working within cross functional teams to understand requirements and develop medical device software to meet regulatory and customer expectations. The position includes the design and development, prototyping, testing and documentation of medical device software products.
Job Summary: Software Engineer Intern
• Work on multiple projects to develop new medical device software and update existing products through the software life-cycle process.
• Design, code, test, and document software in compliance with medical device regulations and standards.
• Develop software for feasibility prototypes.
• Work closely with cross-functional groups, including Hardware Engineering counterparts to define product requirements.
• Work closely with Hardware Team for firmware/hardware integration.
• Ensure all product software is developed in accordance with the software development process, including requirements definition, architecture, design, implementation, debugging, and software testing.
• Participate in code reviews and perform module testing.
• Assess software failures as part of customer complaint investigations.
• Provide design solutions for existing software, with particular attention to improvement of overall system performance, ease-of-use, and safety.
• Be capable of owning and completing tasks with the time pressures typical of new product development.
• Understand and adhere to the company’s Code of Ethical Conduct and ensure that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the business.
• Represent software development in product development teams, including design reviews.
• Organize and conduct software technical reviews and software development phase reviews.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Write correct, readable, maintainable, and testable software.
• Maintain and improve the quality of all products.
• Ensure all activities conform to FDA requirements for GMP/QSR and ISO13485.
• Support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Galen’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area supported.
• Keep manager informed of changes in work schedule and/or workload.
• Regularly recommend and implement methods of improving the customer experience.
Enlisted or graduated from a 4 year program in EE, CS, Bio-Medical or related topic
No prior experience required
• C++ (11 or newer).
• Developing Linux (primarily) and OS – independent software.
• Ability to solve complex problems in the agreed timeline.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
• Experience with agile development.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com