The Senior Electrical Engineer will work with cross functional team for developing electrical systems for medical device products. This position will have the opportunity to excel within a high-energy, small, focused team environment, maintain a strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward, and to make work fun and interesting.
This position is full-time (40hrs/week) and reports to the Dir Product Dev and Engr.
- Define electrical specifications for medical device products, ensuring the specifications align with overall product and system specifications.
- Conduct research and prototyping activities to assess the feasibility of new product designs and the ability to meet requirements.
- Responsible for the design of our next generation products
- Participate in product design and development reviews and product phase reviews. Complete all action items as directed.
- Provide input for project schedules. Ensure assigned tasks are completed per project schedule.
- Supporting agency testing for UL, CE and other certifications.
- Ensure that electrical designs are successfully transferred to manufacturing by closely communicating with the manufacturing group and by paying attention to manufacturability during product design.
- Document the electrical design with released drawings and specifications, including component specifications.
- Develop manufacturing procedures, fixtures and test systems, ensuring suitability for production transfer.
- Assess hardware electrical failures as part of customer complaint investigations.
- Understand and adhere to the company’s Code of Ethical Conduct and ensure that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the business.
- Maintain a professional and credible image with key physicians, consultants, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure all activities conform to FDA requirements for GMP/QSR and ISO13485.
- Support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Galen’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area supported.
- Keep manager informed of changes in work schedule and/or workload.
- Guiding other engineers on system level projects.
- Regularly recommend and implement methods of improving the customer experience.
Education Requirements: Minimum BSEE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org