The Senior Electrical Engineer will work with cross functional team for developing electrical systems for medical device products. This position will have the opportunity to excel within a high-energy, small, focused team environment, maintain a strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward, and to make work fun and interesting.
Essential Duties and Functions: Sr Electrical Engineer
- Define electrical specifications for medical device products, ensuring the specifications align with overall product and system specifications.
- Conduct research and prototyping activities to assess the feasibility of new product designs and the ability to meet requirements.
- Responsible for the design of our next generation products.
- Participate in product design and development reviews and product phase reviews. Complete all action items as directed.
- Provide input for project schedules. Ensure assigned tasks are completed per project schedule.
- Supporting agency testing for UL, CE and other certifications.
- Ensure that electrical designs are successfully transferred to manufacturing by closely communicating with the manufacturing group and by paying attention to manufacturability during product design.
- Document the electrical design with released drawings and specifications, including component
- Develop manufacturing procedures, fixtures and test systems, ensuring suitability for production transfer.
- Assess hardware electrical failures as part of customer complaint investigations.
- Understand and adhere to the company’s Code of Ethical Conduct and ensure that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the business.
- Maintain a professional and credible image with key physicians, consultants, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure all activities conform to FDA requirements for GMP/QSR and ISO13485.
- Support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Galen’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area supported.
- Keep manager informed of changes in work schedule and/or workload.
- Guiding other engineers on system level projects.
- Regularly recommend and implement methods of improving the customer experience.
Minimum 6 years of industry electrical engineering experience.
- Experience designing complex electrical systems from concept through to production.
- Knowledge of appropriate practices for successful design of mixed signal printed circuit board designs including signal integrity, grounding, EMC, and power distribution.
- Aptitude for electronics system architecture. Strong circuit and system level design capability.
- Experience designing electronics at the circuit board level. Knowledge of DFM/DFT for printed circuit assemblies.
- FPGA design and/or microcontroller-based design.
- Analog/mixed signal design
- AC/DC power supply design
- Motor control drivers and feedback systems
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across Engineering, Design, Customer Success, Marketing and Business Development.
- Experience in the Medical Device Industry strongly preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org