The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for working within cross functional teams to understand requirements and develop medical device hardware to meet regulatory and customer expectations. The position includes the design and development, prototyping, testing and documentation of medical device hardware products. This position will have the opportunity to excel within a high-energy, small, focused team environment, maintain a strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward, and to make work fun and interesting.
- Work on multiple projects to develop new medical device products, ensuring the specifications align with overall product and system specifications.
- Conduct research and prototyping activities to assess the feasibility of new product designs and the ability to meet requirements.
- Responsible for the design of our next generation products.
- Contribute to development of the mechanical product architecture, including detailed design ofmechanical components, including complex assemblies and sub-systems.
- Work directly with suppliers and contract manufacturers in support of system assembly build activities.
- Participate in product design and development reviews and product phase reviews. Complete all actionitems as directed.
- Provide input for project schedules. Ensure assigned tasks are completed per project schedule.
- Work closely with cross-functional groups, including Software Engineering counterparts to define productrequirements.
- Work closely with software Team for firmware/hardware integration.
- Assess hardware mechanical failures as part of customer complaint investigations.
- Can own and complete tasks with the time pressures typical of new product development.
- Understand and adhere to the company’s Code of Ethical Conduct and ensure that personal actions, andthe actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the business.
- Maintain a professional and credible image with key physicians, consultants, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Engage with end-users to identify user-needs and convert into actionable designs.
- Provide demonstrations of the mechanical systems to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com