The Director, Software Development will be responsible for defining and managing the software life cycle for internally developed medical device software. The director will work with stakeholders to document and prioritize software requirements. The director will work with a team of developers to design and implement software solutions.
Job Summary: Director of Software Development
- Define and update the software development strategy to plan workflow and information-access solutions that streamline or enhance current and future product development.
- Oversee software development projects including the planning, scoping and development of product requirements, in addition to project prioritization and risk management activities.
- Ensure projects meet established timelines and criteria as well as provide measurable business value.
- Lead, motivate and manage a diverse software engineering team consisting of senior and junior developers. Direct the efforts of this team to meet corporate objectives and to collaborate on product strategy for successful product development and release.
- Participate in the interview and selection of new employees, team development, performance evaluations, employee concerns and conflict resolution as well as corrective actions and/or terminations.
- Develop and contribute to operating and capital budgets discussions, and control expenditures within approved budget objectives.
- Understand and adhere to the company’s Code of Ethical Conduct and ensure that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the business.
- Participate in the R&D plan supporting the development and launch of next generation technologies and related services.
- Collaborate on decisions regarding outsourcing, creating efficiencies and decreasing product costs for the Company while simultaneously protecting Galen’s intellectual property.
- Champion the Company’s culture with an emphasis on team building, empowerment, accountability, creativity, achievement and speed.
- Achieves objectives and project completion within budget and timeline.
- Proactively support Company goals and objectives, policies and procedures, the Quality System Regulation, ISO/MDD regulations, and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a professional and credible image with key physicians, consultants, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure all activities conform to FDA requirements for GMP/QSR and ISO13485.
- Support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Galen’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area supported.
- Keep manager informed of changes in work schedule and/or workload.
- Regularly recommend and implement methods of improving the customer experience.
Minimum 8-10 plus years related experience in the medical device industry in addition to at least 2 years of experience in a management position.
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions to advance and support our solutions.
- Ability to manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Strong relationship, and problem-solving skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience with agile development.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Proven leadership capabilities including strategy development, effective decision making, and the ability to drive results.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to translate and articulate complicated business problems into easily understood solutions and functional requirements.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across Engineering, Design, Customer Success, Marketing and Business Development.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com